In the beginning, we loved mixing shakes using our Green SuperFood (we still do). But most of us wanted plant-based protein without the soy. Others of us wanted to go dairy-free—though we still wanted the probiotic benefits of yogurt. Our list of musts kept growing: Maca and flax; acai; goji berries. So we came up with Amazing Meal, a satisfying blend of non-soy protein and SuperFoods that provides energy and amazing health. What’s the secret to getting so much soy-free plant-based protein into our Amazing Meal? It’s our Protein Blend, which is a mix of organic brown rice protein, organic hemp protein, organic quinoa and organic pumpkin seed protein. Hemp protein can supply any diet with a vegetarian source of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber, and a, balanced gluten-free source of essential amino acids. Rice protein is an excellent source of vegan, hypo-allergenic protein that is an alternative to soy, without the animal products of whey. What’s even better? Amazing Meal is organic, cold-processed*, and gluten and dairy-free. Chocolate amazing meal adds the great taste of rich, delicious…you-know-what. *Guar gum, cane juice, stevia, and masking flavors have been heat treated.
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 large banana
- Chocolate almond milk
- Coconut oil to taste (approx. 1-2 tbs)
- 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion
- 1 date for sweetness
- Optional: 1 tbs of sunflower seed butter
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- If you wish to add the Seed Butter, combine the butter and coconut oil together and add into the mixture towards the end of the blending process.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
For a kid friendly version of this yummy smoothie, try our Chunky Monkey Smoothie with Kidz Superfood!