Today, more than ever before, more people are adopting a plant-based diet. I may be stating the obvious here, but a plant-based diet consists of eating, you guessed it, mainly plants including fresh fruits and vegetables. Even if you aren’t fully focused on shifting your daily diet to mostly plants, it’s still important to enjoy a dose (or two) of daily greens and how a Super Greens Powder Blend can help.
The Importance of Fruits and Vegetables
- Antioxidants, Minerals and Vitamins. Plants are chock-full of minerals and vitamins. Dark leafy greens like broccoli, kale and spinach all contain Vitamins E and K and also have minerals like calcium and magnesium. Skip the multivitamin and grab some greens instead.
- Fiber. Plant-based foods, like fruits and vegetables, are full of fiber. Fiber helps keep you satiated and feeling satiated after meals could potentially decrease daily snack attacks. Enjoying quality sources of fiber from whole food sources, like fruits and vegetables, can also reduce the risk of chronic disease and can help control weight.
- Phytonutrients. Phytonutrients are responsible for a plant’s bright color, smell and taste and plant-based foods, like fruits and vegetables, are packed with them. Phytonutrients also help to fight free-radicals, to help prevent cell damage.
Easy Ways to Get More Fruits and Vegetables
#1 Add Fruits and Vegetables to Smoothies
- Don’t enjoy the taste of vegetables? Sneak them into smoothies instead. Add a cup of kale or a handful of spinach to a smoothie or smoothie bowl for an added dose of daily greens. Top with your favorite fresh fruits and enjoy all of the benefits of eating fruits and vegetables all in one delicious dish.
- In addition to fresh fruits and vegetables, add a scoop of Amazing Grass Greens Blend Superfood The Original and enjoy an additional two full servings of fruit, greens and vegetables. Prefer something fruity? Add a burst of fresh flavor with a scoop of Greens Blend Superfood Berry and enjoy a punch of antioxidant-rich Acai berries, which are loaded with phytonutrients.
#2 Fill Up a Flatbread
- A delicious way to enjoy more fruits and vegetables is by adding them to a favorite flatbread or pizza. Vegetables make an easy addition to flatbreads and pizzas, so whether you prefer mushrooms, onions, peppers or all three, layer on the vegetables and make that slice of pizza as unique as your tastes. Even pineapple is welcome. Hey, we don’t discriminate!
#3 Include Fruits and Vegetables in Sandwiches, Salads, Soups and Stir Frys
- Eating more fruits and vegetables is easy when whipping up a handcrafted sandwich, salad, soup or stir fry. These meals are especially good if you have some leftover vegetables that you aren’t sure how to repurpose. Fill your salad with fresh farmers market vegetables, stack that handcrafted sandwich with luscious leafy greens and use leftover vegetable scraps in a homemade soup or stir fry.
#4 Drink a Greens Powder
- Not a fan of eating your greens, fruits & veggies? An easy and convenient way to add greens to your diet is to drink a green supplement powder. Green powders provide a wide variety of concentrated green vegetables. A great benefit to incorporating green powders into your diet is that they include hard to consume, nutritious greens like wheat grass and alfalfa and plant-algae like spirulina and chlorella. Better yet, a Daily Greens Powder Blend contains a variety of nutritious greens, PLUS a colorful assortment of fruits & vegetables, fiber, pre and probiotics & more!
- Each scoop of Amazing Grass Greens Blend – Superfood has 7 nutritious greens, 2 servings of fruits and veggies and Vitamins C & K to help support health and immunity. Simply add one scoop to water and say “hello” to your new daily wellness routine.
#5 Sneak Fruits and Vegetables into Something Sweet
- Similar to smoothies, another convenient way to include more fruits and vegetables into daily meals and snacks is by adding them to dessert. Whether it’s a batch of freshly baked brownies, a bite-sized square of homemade freezer fudge or a slice of an ooey-gooey skillet cookie, a daily dose of greens is easy to enjoy when you include Amazing Grass Greens Blend.
From fiber to phytonutrients, fruits and vegetables are absolutely amazing! Between their delicious taste, immune support and various vitamins and minerals, eating more fruits and vegetables are essential to optimal health.
Remember to focus on bright colors, choose foods with ingredients you and your body can recognize and create recipes with more plant focused ingredients. When in doubt, include a scoop of Amazing Grass to ensure you are enjoying the many benefits fresh fruits and vegetables have to offer. Simple shifts like these can bring you one step closer to living an amazingly nourished life.
Follow us @amazinggrass and show us how you enjoy your daily dose of greens