Never underestimate the power of your diet 💪 Incorporating specific foods into the diet can strengthen a person’s immune response + can help give you that extra illness-fighting punch. 👊🏼
Load up on these nutrient-packed items:
- 🌱Spinach: Spinach is an extremely nutrient-rich vegetable. It packs high amounts of carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron, and calcium.1
- 🌱Broccoli: Broccoli is high in many vitamins and minerals, including folate, potassium, manganese, iron, and vitamins C and K1. 2
- 🌱Citrus fruits: A number of vitamins and minerals are found in oranges, including vitamin C, thiamine, folate, and potassium. Lemons are very rich in vitamin C. In addition, they’re a decent source of potassium and vitamin B6. 3
- 🌱Turmeric: Turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. It contains compounds that have health benefits. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in Turmeric and has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant. 4
- 🌱Berries: Berries are low in calories and extremely nutritious. In addition to being high in antioxidants, they also contain several vitamins and minerals. Berries, especially strawberries, are also high in vitamin C. 5
- 🌱Ginger: Ginger is commonly used for various types of stomach problems. A healthy gut can lead to better overall health. 6
- 🌱Garlic: Garlic is a popular ingredient in cooking due to its strong smell and delicious taste. However, throughout ancient history, the main use of garlic was for its health and medicinal properties. Garlic is low in calories and rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese. It also contains trace amounts of various other nutrients. 7
- 🌱Green tea: It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. These include improved brain function and many other impressive benefits. 8
- 🌱Almonds: They are highly nutritious and rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. 9
Are you getting your recommended 5+ daily servings of fruits & veggies?
Sometimes adding a greens supplement, like organic wheatgrass powder can be an easy place to start. Packed with organic greens, wholesome fruits and vegetables, plus nutrient-dense superfoods, our Green Superfood is a great way to get the whole food nutrition your body needs. Click “here” to learn more about Green Superfood.