We officially did it. We made brownies healthy! By using monkfruit which subs 1:1 for regular sugar in recipes, we’ve eliminated nearly all the sugar in this recipe. With the addition of our Rich Chocolate Protein Superfood, these brownies are also packed with nutrients and plant-based protein!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- ½ cup powered monkfruit
- ¼ cup cassava flour
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Rich Chocolate Protein Superfood
- 2 tablespoons cacoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs (Vegan? Check out egg substitutions here)
- 2 tablespoons water
- extra cooking fat for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine monkfruit, cassava flour, Amazing Grass, cacao powder, salt and baking powder.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil or ghee on low in a small saucepan or using a double boiler.
- Add the melted chocolate, eggs, vanilla and water to the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add to a greased 9×9 baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick can be pulled out clean.