Anyone else notice the explosion of beautiful and vibrantly colorful bowls lately? We noticed em’ too. Buddha Bowls are popping up everywhere in all colors, shapes and sizes. A mixture of veggies, healthy grains and protein, these bowls are perfect for any time of the day. And if you’re anything like us, you love to pack in extra greens wherever possible. So we bring you this green-lovers-approved, protein-packed Buddha Bowl recipe.
INGREDIENTS – Pilaf:
- 1 cup sorghum
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- ½ yellow onion (diced)
- ½ cup frozen fire-roasted corn kernels (thawed)
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- ¼ cup minced fresh chives
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Organic Wheat Grass
INGREDIENTS – Sauce:
- 3 Tbsps tahini
- 1 Tsp miso paste
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsps water
INGREDIENTS – Bowl:
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 ½ cups cooked cannellini beans
- 1 cup hummus
- 1-2 radishes (sliced thin)
- 1 Tbsp toasted black sesame seeds
- Sprouts, for garnish
INSTRUCTIONS – Pilaf first:
- Combine sorghum and 4 cups of water in a medium pot, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until the sorghum is tender, about 1 hour.
- Once fully cooked, remove from heat and drain away any excess water.
- Warm olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté for 6-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked sorghum, corn, parsley and chives, and cook for a minute, stirring constantly.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add cayenne, salt, pepper, lemon juice and one scoop of Amazing Grass.
- Toss to combine.
INSTRUCTIONS – Sauce next:
- In a small bowl combine the tahini, miso paste, apple cider vinegar and 2 Tbsps water.
- Stir into a smooth sauce, adding additional water if needed.
INSTRUCTIONS – Bowl last:
- Pack 1 ½ cups of baby greens onto one side and fill with the sorghum pilaf, a mound of beans and ¼ cup of hummus.
- Drizzle with 1-2 Tbsps of sauce and garnish with radish slices, sesame seeds and sprouts.