- 1 cup nuts (pecan, almonds, walnuts)
- 2 cups dates
- 2 cups cashews, soaked
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (unrefined)
- dash of salt
- Place crust ingredients in a food processor and blend. If you do not have a high speed blender you might want to add just the nuts and blend then add the dates and blend.
- Grease a muffin tin or use nonstick cupcake liners
- Place a little bit of crust in each liner and press down.
- Place in freezer while making the filling
- For filling, soak cashews in a bowl of water for 20 minutes to a couple hours. Drain and rinse well.
- Add to food processor or high speed blender and mix.
- Add lime juice, lemon juice, maple syrup and coconut oil to the cashews and blend.
- If consistency seems dry add a bit of water or leftover lime juice.
- Adding one teaspoon at a time until you get a creamy consistency, add slowly.
- Remove the liners from the freezer and add the filling
- Place back in the freezer for a couple hours.
- Once ready to serve, let sit for a couple minutes before serving.
- Top with lime zest and sliced limes.
Author of the blog, Nutrition with Aileen, Aileen is a certified health coach and nutritionist who’s holistic approach to food and wellness is evident in her recipes.