- 1 pound whole grain pasta
- 3/4 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 leek, white part only
- 3 Tbsp. diced red onions
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. minced garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tsp. Amazing Trio
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain; set aside.
- Grill artichoke hearts and leeks over medium heat for 4 minutes. Cool slightly and dice; set aside.
- In a medium skillet, sauté leeks, red onions in olive oil until browned.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add tomatoes, herbs, water, Amazing Trio and tomato puree.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add sea salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine pasta with cooked vegetables. Top with tomato puree.
- Serve warm.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of www.TheHealthyApple.com; she is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer, Writer and Motivational Speaker specializing in simple gluten-free, soy-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes.