A delectably moist pumpkin bread, packed with festive flavor and healthy superfood benefits. Recipe makes 1 9-inch loaf
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 scoops Amazing Grass Green Superfood, Pumpkin Spice
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line an 8-inch x 3 7/8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch paper overhang on all sides to create flaps. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flaxseed powder, almond milk, and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to momentarily to thicken and gel.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, Amazing Grass Green Superfood, Pumpkin Spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- To the large bowl with the flaxseed gel, add the melted coconut oil, ½ cup coconut sugar, and vanilla, and mix well. Stir in the pumpkin puree. Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, gently patting into a loaf shape and smoothing out the surface as needed (batter will be thick). Sprinkle the top with the remaining 2 tablespoons coconut sugar. Bake bread for 60-70 minutes, until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Gently turn out onto a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Bread will last for 3 days. Keep tightly wrapped at room temperature.