With probiotics and adaptogens, this Belly Elixir Vegan Beet & Zucchini Loaf Cake Recipe is good for the belly + your chill-factor. Made with natural, whole-food ingredients and baked into loafey-deliciousness, you’re going to have your belly dancing and your stress levels sinking.
- 2 Flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seed + 6 tbsp water)
- 1 ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp Amazing Grass Belly Elixir
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup grated zucchini
- ½ cup grated beets
- Lemon Glaze
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- juice from one lemon
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flax seed and water, stir and set aside. In another bowl, combine almond milk and apple cider vinegar, then set aside. In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Amazing Grass Belly Elixir.
- In another medium bowl combine coconut oil, sugar, vanilla, flax egg and almond milk mixture.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir. Once they are well incorporated, fold in the grated zucchini and beets. No need to stir too much, just until they are mixed in.
- Next, pour the batter into the loaf pan, sprinkle with nuts and place in oven. Cook for about 45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- In the meantime, make the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar and lemon juice together. This should create a thick icing so in order to thin it out, just add almond milk. Add a tiny bit at a time until it has a runny consistency.
- Once the cake is out of the oven and cooled, drizzle with glaze, and enjoy.