- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 scoops Protein & Kale Smooth Chocolate
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until well-combined and a soft dough forms.
- Place dough on parchment paper and press with your hands to flatten it out evenly.
- Cut the dough into bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to enjoy.
- To keep the bars from sticking together, place a piece of parchment paper in between each bar.
If the nutrition labels on your favorite protein bars have you feeling less than impressed, you’re not alone. These days, there are too many bars and snacks claiming to be good for you because they’re packed with protein or fiber or superfoods; but as any good Grasshead knows, you sometimes need to weed through the claims to find the good grass (hey, we’re punny too).
Don’t worry, we’ve got good news. We made a 4-ingredient protein bar with our Protein & Kale, which means there’s complete plant-based protein from quinoa, pea protein and chia seeds, and an entire cup of hearty kale in every batch. All you need to do is mix the Protein & Kale with 3 other simple ingredients that you may already have in your kitchen. Yep, it really is that easy to whip up a high-protein superfood snack at home!
So unless you like eating sugar alcohols, high fructose corn syrup, and soy protein isolates, this 4-ingredient homemade protein bar recipe is for you!
This recipe really is so much more than a simple protein bar. Since it’s packed with kale, you’re also getting plenty of other high-quality nutrients like iron, vitamins K, A and C, antioxidants, fiber and calcium. Plus, we grow the organic kale ourselves on our family farm in Kansas, so you know it’s the real deal.