- 2 cups strawberries
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 scoop Simply Vanilla Protein & Kale
- Garnish: shredded coconut
- Line a 9″ square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add strawberries to a food processor or blender, and pulse until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, and Protein & Kale, and process again until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Spread mixture evenly in prepared pan and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Freeze until firm, about 1 hour, or overnight.
- Once frozen, lift parchment out of the pan and transfer freezer fudge to a cutting board. Slice into squares and store in an airtight container in the freezer.
We have excellent news! Fudge is no longer reserved for the holiday season. This fruity frozen fudge is perfect for summer with flavors like strawberry and coconut, and you know we took it up a few nutritional notches with complete plant-based protein and hearty kale.
Every scoop of our NEW Protein & Kale powder is packed with 20g of complete plant-based protein from powerhouse ingredients like peas, quinoa and chia seeds. There’s also a whole cup of organic kale and a blend of greens like barley grass, wheat grass and alfalfa! You won’t find any artificial sweeteners, either. The 5g of added sugars in this plant-based protein powder is from a touch of organic cane sugar and monk fruit.
While there are plenty of plant foods that contain protein, not all plant protein is the same. In order to be considered a complete protein, a food must contain an adequate amount of all 9 essential amino acids that the body needs to function properly. We chose pea protein, quinoa and chia seeds as the source of our protein because, together, they create a complete plant-based protein! So in a single scoop of our Protein & Kale powder, your body is getting the high-quality protein and greens it needs to power through the day.
Of course, the recipe is simple with just 5 ingredients, and most of the sweet flavor comes from fresh strawberries. We drizzled in maple syrup to make it a little bit sweeter, but feel free to omit if the strawberries are enough for your sweet tooth. You may need to add more peanut butter to balance out the liquids and create that fudgy texture, but it all comes down to your preference.
Whip up a batch of this protein fudge recipe for your next backyard bbq and place them on the dessert table next to those sugary sweets. We’ll see how long these bars last! Pro tip: double the batch.
You may have already heard, but our family farm roots run deep. We’ve been harvesting nutrient-dense grasses on our Kansas farm for more than three generations, and recently started growing the organic kale for our Protein & Kale powder! So it was only natural to partner with American Farmland Trust to raise awareness – and $50K – to help support the preservation of US farms and farmland.
There are two easy ways that YOU can help, and you don’t even need to move from where you’re sitting to do it. Learn all about it, here.