- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 scoops Protein & Kale Smooth Chocolate
- 1/4 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup almond butter, or other nut butter
- Graham crackers
- Marshmallows, we love Dandies Vegan Marshmallows
- Set a medium saucepan over low heat and melt the coconut oil. Remove from heat and add Protein & Kale Smooth Chocolate, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and almond butter, whisking until smooth.
- Pour the superfood chocolate mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, using a spatula to scrape down the saucepan. Evenly spread the chocolate mixture until it’s about 1/4-inch thick. Place in freezer until frozen solid, about 30 minutes.
- Use a kitchen knife to cut the superfood chocolate bark into squares that will fit on top of a graham cracker square, and keep chocolate bark in the freezer until ready to make s’mores.
- To assemble the s’mores, roast marshmallows over the fire until soft and gooey on the inside, and golden brown on the outside. Place 1 square of superfood chocolate bark on a graham cracker square, situate marshmallows in the middle, top with 2nd graham cracker square and carefully pull your roasting stick out. Repeat to your heart’s content!
You know those summer nights when everyone’s gathered around the fire, cozying up with blankets and enjoying hearty greens and plant-based protein? Oh, wait… that’s not your idea of a campfire snack? Well, it will be with this simple 5-ingredient protein chocolate bark recipe that’s perfect for campfire s’mores!
Want to know how to sneak plant-based protein and kale into your s’mores? Just stir a scoop of our Chocolate Protein & Kale powder in with your chocolate bark ingredients – yep, it’s that easy.
Oh, and since you know this treat will be a hit, go ahead and double recipe ahead of time! Leftover protein chocolate bark is never a bad thing, anyway.