- Place frozen acai, Amazing Grass Antioxidant Green Superfood, frozen cauliflower, frozen berries, almond milk and sweetener of choice in a blender and pulse until fully combined and smooth. If needed, add more almond milk to thin it out to reach the desired consistency. We like it thick, so you can eat it with a spoon.
- Pour into bowls or coconuts (read how to open a coconut above) and top with fresh fruit, seeds, and any toppings you want! Eat immediately.
Optional – How To Open a Fresh Coconut at Home
- Find the 3 small dots on the bottom of your coconut, and twist a corkscrew through 1 of them
- Empty the coconut water into a glass and set aside to enjoy on its own, to use in other recipes, or to use as the liquid base in this smoothie bowl!
- With the coconut in one hand, use a hammer to tap along the widest part of the coconut until you see a hairline crack
- Tap a couple more times until you can easily pull the 2 coconut halves apart
You’ve probably heard of antioxidants – the powerful substance that oxidizes other molecules in the body, making it difficult for disease-causing free radicals to survive – but what’s this ORAC term all about? It stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity, which is basically the total antioxidant capacity of a certain food. Scientists perform a lab test by subjecting certain substances to oxidizing agents, and measuring how well these foods resist oxidation.
How does our Antioxidant Green Superfood stack up against the competition? You’d need 1.5 cups of chia seeds, or 4.5 cups of blueberries, or 6 cups of goji berries to get the same ORAC as a single scoop of our powder!
Even if you only have a few minutes, make this nutrient-dense smoothie bowl for breakfast, lunch, or a snack. In this Antioxidant Açai Smoothie Bowl, we’re loading up on the antioxidants with a packet of frozen açai, and 15,000 ORAC units with a single scoop of our Antioxidant Green Superfood.
Now, we’ve served this Antioxidant Açai Smoothie Bowl in coconut bowl because scooping out the fresh coconut at the end is a delicious treat. It’s completely optional, but if you’d like to try opening a coconut at home, follow the instructions below.