- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 scoopProtein Superfood Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Chocolate chips, for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease or line a muffin tin. Add 1 tablespoon of ground flax to a small bowl with 3 tablespoons of water; set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Add the oat flour, cacao powder, Superfood Protein, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a large bowl. Whisk until well incorporated
- In a separate smaller bowl, mix the applesauce, sugar, peanut butter, milk, apple cider vinegar, and thickened flax egg together. Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients, then pour in the wet ingredients. Mix until well-combined.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly between the 12 muffin tins, then top with chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 22-25 minutes in the middle rack of the oven. Let the muffins sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to let cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in a container with a loose-fitting lid for up to 5 days, or store in the freezer for up to 2 months