- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¾ cup water
- 1 scoop Vanilla Organic Plant Protein Blend
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp almond extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Add oats, water, almond milk, salt, and scoop of vanilla protein powder to a small
saucepan. Mix well and then place over medium/ low heat.
- Bring the oats to a gentle simmer, stirring periodically. Once the oats begin to thicken,
turn the heat to low and stir constantly.
- Continue to stir until the oats are cooked, and the liquid has been absorbed, about 10-15
minutes. If they get too thick, add a splash of almond milk
- Once the oats are cooked stir in the vanilla extract, almond extract, and maple syrup
- Top with fruit and nut butter, enjoy!
*Alternatively, this can be made in the microwave. Combine oats, water, salt, and salt. Cook for 2 minutes. Add almond milk and protein powder, stirring until smooth. Then, cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until thickened. Add extracts and maple syrup.
Warm, sweet, & spicy – kinda like you! These protein oats taste like a snickerdoodle but power you through your morning like no cookie could. That color tho! 😂 This breakfast might look funky, but it packs a greens punch that makes the emerald hue feel juuuust right (we can’t resist a porridge pun! 🐻🐻🐻).