In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, we’ve decided to whip up some nutritious gluten & grain-free pancakes that are packed with hidden Amazing Grass veggies and greens! This recipe contains no added sugar, and credits its natural sweetness to bananas. Fillings and toppings for these pancakes are completely customizable. We’ve left ours plain and topped them with cacao nibs, cinnamon and blueberries, but feel free to add whatever you’d like to the inside & top with your favorite goodies! Chocolate chips, berries, and nuts are all great options!
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- ½ cup cassava flour or tapioca flour
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Green Superfood, Detox & Digest
- 1 cup raw spinach
- pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 overripe banana
- ¼ cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 TBS coconut oil, ghee or butter
- Cacao nibs, cinnamon and blueberries or toppings of choice
- In a blender, combine spinach, eggs, banana, almond or coconut milk, vanilla and spinach until fully blended.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine almond flour, cassava or tapioca flour, salt and scoop of Amazing Grass.
- Add wet mixture to dry and whisk until well combined.
- Heat a skillet over medium and add 1 TBS cooking fat.
- When melted, gently scoop a spoonful of batter onto the pan and wait for about 1-2 minutes until bubbles start to appear on the top of the pancake and the bottom is slightly browned.
- Flip and cook for another 60 seconds.
- Remove from pan and continue to add a bit of cooking fat followed by batter until the batter has run out and your pancakes are complete.
- Add toppings and maple syrup and enjoy!