- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for topping
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour/starch
- 1 scoop Green Superfood Berry
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray, to grease the waffle iron
- 1 cup fresh berries, chopped
- Add the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, oil, and maple syrup to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Let sit for 3 minutes, to allow the milk to curdle and form a buttermilk.
- Whisk the almond flour, tapioca starch, Green Superfood, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well-combined.
- Let the batter sit for 3 to 5 minutes, to allow it to thicken. In the meantime, pre-heat your waffle iron.
- Spray the iron with non-stick cooking spray, then fill the iron with batter (will vary based on the iron). Sprinkle a few berries on top of the batter, then close the iron. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until steam stops coming out of the waffle iron. Repeat with the remaining batter, spraying the waffle iron with extra oil as necessary.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of maple syrup and the remainder of the berries. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.