- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley (packed)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro (packed)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon
- 1½ cups cooked garbanzo beans (or 1 can, drained)
- 1/2 large avocado, pitted & peeled
- 1 scoop Greens Blend Alkalize & Detox
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2-3 Tbsps water
- Sea salt
- Olive oil, for serving
- Smoked paprika, for serving.
Make the gremolata first.
- Mince the parsley and cilantro very finely – you should have about half the volume of what you started with when finished – and place into a small bowl.
- Use a microplane to finely grate the garlic over the herbs, then zest the lemon over the herbs as well (save the lemon for juicing later).
- Mix the seasonings into the herbs and set aside momentarily.
Make the hummus next.
- Set aside a small handful of garbanzo beans for garnish, and place the rest of the beans in a food processor.
- Juice the lemon, and add the liquid to the processor.
- Add the avocado, one scoop of Amazing Grass, cumin, ½ tsp sea salt and a generous half of the gremolata.
- Process the ingredients into a smooth paste, adding a couple Tbsps of water as needed to achieve the desired consistency, and adjusting the seasoning to taste.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and sprinkle with the remaining gremolata and reserved garbanzo beans.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
You’ll really get to enjoy the full power of green in this super healthy hummus. Avocado lends a creamy base, detoxifying greens blend in flawlessly and a fresh gremolata brings the whole recipe to life with zesty flair. This hummus goes exceptionally well with all kinds of crudités, crackers, pita and toast.