Pesto is a classic, irresistible spring recipe. Using fresh, seasonal ingredients, this versatile sauce can be used on top of salads, pasta or even on sandwiches. Traditionally pesto is made with pine nuts, but walnuts are often much easier to find AND a lot cheaper. Plus, in honor of national Walnut Day, we couldn’t resist! Not only that, but we used raw, sprouted walnuts making this dish totally no-cook. Oh and in case you aren’t convinced yet, we threw in some superfood greens as well.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil
- ½ cup raw, sprouted walnuts
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Original Green Superfood
- 1/3 cup high quality olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add basil, walnuts, lemon juice and garlic to a food processor.
- Add 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Original Green Superfood
- Pulse several times.
- Making sure to scrape the sides as you go, slowly continue to blend until fully combined.
- Remove lid again and add a bit of salt and pepper. This dish doesn’t need a lot of seasoning, so be careful.
- Replace lid and pulse a couple times until fully combined.