- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup large Medjool dates, pitted (about 15)
- 1 scoop Organic Plant Protein Blend The Original
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3 Tbsps cacao nibs
- 1/4 tsp flaked salt, for sprinkling (optional)
- Place pecans in a food processor. Process the nuts briefly until they resemble a coarse gravel.
- Add the dates, and process once more until a sticky “dough” has formed.
- Add the Amazing Grass, sea salt, cacao powder and cacao nibs, process until the powders are just combined.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap on a cutting board.
- Pour the brownie dough on the plastic wrap and press dough into a square-like shape.
- Wrap the plastic around the square and use a rolling pin to flatten and shape the dough into a compact 6×6-inch square.
- Remove the plastic wrap and sprinkle with flaked salt – pressing the salt gently into the surface. Cut into 24, 1-inch squares.
These no-bake treats come together quickly, but will last for weeks (if you can stay away from them for that long!). With their addition of plant-based protein, this dessert is really more of an energy bar in sweet disguise.