- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Peanut Butter Superfood Protein Powder*
- 7–8 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds or other neutral nut of choice (rolled oats will also work)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- extra crushed peanuts to top
- 1–2 tsp plant milk (if needed)
- 1/3 cup vegan dark chocolate (I usually use this chocolate for oil free option, or this chocolate for a sugar free option)
- Place peanuts, almonds and salt into food processor and pulse until slightly broken down.
- Add dates, vanilla, protein powder and pulse until a dough begins to form. Sizes of dates can vary, so if you find your mixture a little on the dry side, go ahead and throw in another date, or add plant milk by the tsp just to help it out.
- The dough should pull away from the sides and stick together when crushed between the fingers.
- Roll mixture into small balls, and place in fridge to set on a parchment lined plate or baking sheet while you prepare your chocolate.
- Melt down your chocolate
- Remove balls from fridge and using a fork, dip and coat in chocolate, making sure to evenly coat.
- Let excess drip off and place back on parchment to set.
- Sprinkle with crushed peanuts for garnish and return to fridge until set (should take about 10-15 minutes–use the freezer if you’re an eager beaver).
A healthier, protein packed “snickers” truffle, with sneaky greens and nutrient dense ingredients to satisfy your sweet tooth. Vegan, gluten free, oil free, refined sugar free and easy to make.