AmbassadorsAmie Valpone, Culinary Nutritionist and Chef
What makes our Wheat Grass so special? It’s organically field grown and locally dehydrated, not warehouse-produced in plastic trays. Tray-grown greens rely on grow lights and fertilizers, whereas the roots of our field-grown greens push deep into the soil of our farm during cold winters, infusing our plants with the richest organic nutrients. It’s a difference you can taste…and feel! Amazing Grass Wheat Grass Powder contains 100% organic, whole leaf wheat grass, one of the most potent leafy greens available. Containing a plethora of vitamins, minerals, plant based protein and phyto-nutrients, leafy greens assist the body in maintaining healthy organ function, detoxification and immunity. We mix our wheat grass into juices, smoothies, or anything we’re in the mood for. It’s such a great source of leafy greens, vitamins and minerals that you need only one glass to help you reach your daily quota of 5 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables.
Smoked Salmon Basil Pasta Salad
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ pine nuts
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 can white beans
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped smoked salmon
- ¼ cup Amazing Grass Wheat Grass
- 10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package. Drain; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix well. Add cooked angel hair pasta; gently toss to combine.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve chilled.
- 5 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 scoops of Wheat Grass powder or 2 scoops of Raw Reserve
- 4 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast (or 2 pouches)
- 2 cups of warm water (water should feel warm, not hot)
- Mix all ingredients together,
- Knead for 3-4 minutes, then allow the dough to “rest” for about 10 minutes (give or take).
- The dough makes 2 large pizzas, or 18 mini pizzas.
- Shape dough into desired pizza sizes and place on baking sheets.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove crusts from oven, allow them to cool, then freeze if desired.
- Or, top hot pizza crusts with desired pizza toppings. When you’re ready, bake the pizzas at 375° for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown.