AmbassadorsAmie Valpone, Culinary Nutritionist and Chef
What makes our Wheat Grass so special? It’s organically field grown and locally dehydrated, not warehouse-produced in plastic trays. Tray-grown greens rely on grow lights and fertilizers, whereas the roots of our field-grown greens push deep into the soil of our farm during cold winters, infusing our plants with the richest organic nutrients. It’s a difference you can taste…and feel! Amazing Grass Wheat Grass Powder contains 100% organic, whole leaf wheat grass, one of the most potent leafy greens available. Containing a plethora of vitamins, minerals, plant based protein and phyto-nutrients, leafy greens assist the body in maintaining healthy organ function, detoxification and immunity. We mix our wheat grass into juices, smoothies, or anything we’re in the mood for. It’s such a great source of leafy greens, vitamins and minerals that you need only one glass to help you reach your daily quota of 5 to 9 servings of fruits and vegetables.
Sweet Orange Shrimp
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable broth
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Wheat Grass powder
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat vegetable broth over medium-low heat in a large skillet.
- When broth begins to steam, add shrimp, chili powder, red pepper flakes, lime juice, orange juice lemon juice, sesame oil, sea salt and pepper.
- Stir frequently; cook until shrimp are fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and toss with Wheat Grass powder.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of www.TheHealthyApple.com; she is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer, Writer and Motivational Speaker specializing in simple gluten-free, soy-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes.”
Smoked Salmon Basil Pasta Salad
- 1/2 lb angel hair pasta
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ pine nuts
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 can white beans
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- ½ cup chopped smoked salmon
- ¼ cup Amazing Grass Wheat Grass
- 10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Cook angel hair pasta according to package. Drain; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix well. Add cooked angel hair pasta; gently toss to combine.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve chilled.