|Category Name Override||No|
Our Amazing Grass® Green Food Blend includes a proprietary combination of organic, non-GMO wheat grass, barley grass, alfalfa, spirulina, spinach, chlorella and broccoli. Every serving is chock full of all the necessary vitamins and minerals you and your loved ones need to start—and finish—the day feeling healthy. To bring an added boost to your day, we’ve added delicious and nutrient-rich Cacao and Organic Dutch Cocoa which provide an abundance of polyphenals to promote healthy cholesterol levels…and taste great.
Fudgy Dark Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
- 1 ½ cups cooked Black Beans (1 can rinsed very well)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 scoop Green SuperFood Chocolate Peppermint
- 2 Tbs cocoa powder
- 4 dates
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 Tbs maple syrup or agave or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- dash salt
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips (we used a vegan variety)
- ¼ cup white chocolate
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Crushed peppermint candies
- To a food processor add black beans, oats, Green SuperFood Chocolate Peppermint, cocoa, dates, applesauce, maple syrup, peppermint extract and salt. Mix 3-5 minutes or until very smooth
- Add 1/3 cup chocolate chips and pulse just to mix in
- Spread mixture into a greased pan or a cupcake tin so it is about ½ inch
- Top with remaining 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes until you can touch the top and it is not sticky
- Option to drizzle with minty white chocolate (microwave for 10 seconds at a time until melty) & crushed candies
- Cover and refrigerate until you’re ready to enjoy
*Makes 8 bars. Vegan, gluten-free, dairy free, refined sugar free.
Sweet Cocoa Chickpea Dip
- ½ cup chickpeas
- ¼ cup cashews
- 2 tbsp. dry oats
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tbsp. Green SuperFood® Chocolate
- 1 tbsp. coconut flakes
- ½ cup plain yogurt, plus more for topping
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare two ramekins with nonstick baking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender; pulse until smooth.
- Transfer to a ramekin and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool before serving.
- Spread onto crackers or use as a dip for pretzels or sweet potato chips.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is the Editor-in-Chief of www.TheHealthyApple.com; she is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer, Food Photographer, Writer and Motivational Speaker specializing in simple gluten-free, soy-free and dairy-free ‘Clean’ recipes.”