For the Snickerdoodle Topping
- 2 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
For the Nice Cream
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop Amazing Protein Unflavored
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 frozen bananas
Make the snickerdoodle topping first:
- Place the dates in a food processor, and process until the dates are ground up into fine bits.
- Add the remaining topping ingredients, and process briefly until the mixture looks like cookie crumbs.
- Transfer to a small bowl, stir in the hemp seeds, and set aside for serving.
Make the nice cream next:
- In a shaker cup or glass, combine the almond milk, Amazing Grass, sea salt, and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- Mix or shake until well combined. Keep the mixture on standby.
- Working quickly to preserve the frozen texture, slice each of the frozen bananas into eight pieces and place the sections into the food processor or a high-speed blender.
- Add the almond milk mixture to the bananas. Process briefly, stopping the machine and scraping down the sides as needed. Watching carefully, resume blending: As soon as the mixture begins to transform from chunky to “whipped” (like frozen yogurt), stop the machine.
- Immediately transfer to serving bowls, top with Snickerdoodle topping and enjoy.
“Nice cream” is the term for a healthy ice cream that’s made with little more than just bananas (which, understandably, is pretty nice, right?). It takes just a moment to create. Here, it becomes the perfect base to add a generous cinnamon sweetness and adorn with a cookie-like crumble.